Youth Director, First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church, DeLand, Florida, seeks a youth director to nurture and support relationships with middle school, high school, and college age youth and young people, as well as parents of youth. The director will organize, plan and direct efforts for youth ministry and recruit, train, motivate volunteers to work in partnership in this important ministry.
S/he will build on a healthy foundation of programming and work with engaged, active groups at three levels: middle school, high school, and college-age ministry. Reporting to the associate pastor, this individual will also collaborate with the Director of Family Ministries and the Youth Ministries Team of Session.
This is a part-time position (nineteen hours per week). Among the responsibilities, this person will:
- Oversee weekly youth group meetings on Sunday nights and Sunday School classes in the morning
- Plan youth retreats and events, guide mission and service projects, and identify and participate in summer camps
- Communicate youth events and ministry needs using a variety of methods including letters, articles in the church bulletin, on the church youth website, and through phoning and texting
- Get to know and maintain appropriate relationships with the youth of First Presbyterian Church and their parents
- Maintain and continue to organize a Bible study for college age adults that includes fellowship, worship, prayer, study and service.
- Coordinate with the pastors and the Worship Team for participation of youth in worship services, strengthening and promoting intergenerational connectedness.
Prior experience in leadership positions with young people required. The successful candidate will be a committed believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, active member of a worshipping congregation with a manner of life that is a demonstration of the Christian gospel in the church and world. Applicants must possess a strong, self-motivated work ethic, excellent communication skills and professional organizational skills. Overall, candidates should have a love and passion for working with youth and a calling to help youth connect to God through conversation, prayer, and activity.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter describing interest in the position address to the Emerging Ministries Search Committee, First Presbyterian Church, email@example.com by December 10. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. The position is slated to begin January 3, 2017 or earlier.