Although we are currently unable to meet in person at this time, you can connect with others virtually, by email and by phone.
Opportunities for Bible Study via ZOOM:
- The Open Door Sunday School class is meeting on Sunday mornings at 10:00. The will begin a study of 1st Corinthians on May 3rd. Please contact Harland Merriam (Harland.email@example.com ) if you are interesting in receiving the link to join or receiving the recorded versions of the class.
- The Logos Sunday School Class is also meeting at 10:00 on Sundays. Devry Nix is the leader and the contact person (firstname.lastname@example.org ). They are reading and studying The Battleplan of Prayer by Stephen Kendrick. The book is not required to participate in the discussion.
- There is a group of women meeting on Saturdays at 2pm. They are currently studying Ezekiel. Devry Nix is hosting the zoom calls and leading the study. They welcome new members. Please email her directly (email@example.com ) for the link to join in.
- The Wednesday night Bible Study began this week. How can we be sure we will go to heaven? The book of John assures us that we can know. The meeting lasts for one hour starting at 6:30 and ending at 7:30. Ann Small leads the discussion. All are invited to join. RSVP to Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Barbara Hughes (email@example.com ) to receive the link.
- Several small groups are meeting virtually for study and for prayer and for fellowship. If you need help setting up a virtual call for your group, please contact Cathy Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Barbara Hughes (email@example.com).
Free Online or Downloadable Curriculum Resources
- Theocademy (also available for purchase) There are a number of free courses for adults with lectures by professors from various PCUSA seminaries around the country. These can be watched on their site or on YouTube. http://www.theocademy.com/
- The Thoughtful Christian (also available for purchase) Some curriculum materials are currently being offered free and others can be downloaded for a small cost https://www.thethoughtfulchristian.com/
- TED Talks The website offers many quality talks that generally last between 15-20 minutes. There are some new ones dealing specifically with COVID 19, but one can also search topically by “religion” or “faith” to find talks that one could pull together for online viewing. https://www.ted.com/talks
- Daily Devotionals
- Online devotional d365 written especially for youth and young adults seeks to provide inspirational and relevant reflections on scripture and themes that impact our faith journey. There is also a free app for your phone. https://d365.org
- Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session, designed to go with you wherever you go, to help you pray whenever you find time. Lasting between ten and thirteen minutes, it combines music, scripture and some questions for reflection. https://pray-as-you-go.org/